The Dio Competition 2001!
Dio, Alice Cooper, Ratt and Sonata Arctica are going to play in
Finland at Oulu's Formula Center (May 6th) and at the old Ice Hall
in Helsinki (May 7th). Thanks to the promotor Eastway
(http://www.eastway.fi/) I've got
ten tickets for both of the concerts to give away!
The tickets will be drawn on April 23rd and they will be sent to the
winners by mail. Unfortunately the competition is limited only to
people living in Finland.
Rules of the competition:
- All the entries must be received before April the 23rd, 2001.
- Only the correct answers will be included in the
competition. However, if there are less fully correct answers than
tickets to the particular concert, then the ones with the most
correct answers will be included as needed. If there are more fully
correct answers than there are tickets to the particular concert,
the winners will be drawn. There is one question with a bonus point
which can compensate one wrong answer.
- All the entries must be sent by e-mail to address
with subject saying "Dio competition 2001". Any entries sent to
different address or with a different subject will not be
accepted. A confirmation e-mail will be sent within a couple of
days of submitting the entry.
- Only one entry per contestant is allowed.
- All the entries must have personal information filled at the
top of the e-mail. The information is private and will not be sold
or given to anyone, and will be destroyed after the competition is
- After the personal information, the contestant must fill to
which concert (Oulu or Helsinki) he/she wants the ticket. Only one
ticket per contestant.
- The tickets will be drawn on April 23rd and the winners will be
announced at Tapio's Ronnie James Dio Pages at http://www.dio.net/
and will also be notified by e-mail or phone. The tickets will be
sent by mail.
- This competition is open only for people living in Finland.
- Finnish language version of this competition can be found
Complete the personal information and answer the questions by e-mail
- E-mail address:
- Street address:
- Postal address:
- Phone number:
- Oulu or Helsinki:
- Mention at least one concert where both Alice Cooper and Dio
played, not counting this Monsters of the Millennium 2001
- Magica is the newest album from Dio, released in March 2000. It
is a concept album, telling a story. Which of the following
descriptions fits to Magica?
a) A boy enters to an elevator, which in turn takes him to
hell. He fights against the devils with the help of Ronnie James
Dio and the book of Magica and in the end Ronnie is captured but
the boy manages to escape back to the real world with the
b) The Book of Magica is a book consisting of powerful spells
used by wizards. It becames stolen by the forces of Evilsyde,
who start to turn people into stone unless they start to
obey. There is a young boy called Challis, who manages to utter
a spell just before his termination and returns the book back to
its rightful owners.
c) A young boy and his girlfriend enter a store which contains
all kinds of mystic items. Startled, they hide in a closet
titled Magica and are taken in a weird labyrinth consisting of
nasty memories and nightmares. The young couple gets lost in
the labyrinth but finally find each other. They manage to find
their way back to the Magica closet and are finally returned
back to the real world.
- How many times Dio has played in Finland before the two
concerts in Oulu and Helsinki this coming May? Bonus point is
given if all the concert dates are mentioned too.
- Ronnie James Dio appears on Alice Cooper's tribute album,
"Humanary Stew - A Tribute To Alice Cooper". Which song Ronnie
sings on that album?
- Magica is the tenth Dio album, if the best-of albums are not
counted. Name the rest of the Dio albums. Two hints: Only Dio (the
band) albums count, and live and mini album(s) count as well.
- What is the line-up for Dio on the Magica album? Just the
musician names are enough, their instruments don't need to be
- Ronnie James Dio has recently been involved in one, quite
different tour with one band and Romanian Philharmonic
Orchestra. For instance, they played two concerts in Sweden last
October. Who is this mysterious band in question?
- A famous Swedish keyboardist joined Dio for a short time to do
an album and tour with them in 1990. The album was called Lock Up
The Wolves. These days this keyboardist is a member of a Finnish
band. Who is this keyboardist and what is his current band
- In 1985 and 1986 Ronnie and the boys were involved in a charity
project that resulted in a single as well as an album. The income
of the project went to Africa to help the famine. Besides Dio,
other participants included for instance members of Twisted Sister,
W.A.S.P., Iron Maiden and Spinal Tap. What was this project called?
- The current Dio members are again involved in one charity
project, helping the kids living on the street in the USA. Although
not all the details of this project are yet finalized, a group of
heavy metal musicians are supposed to do one song together. The
song will be called Throw Away Children, but what is the name of
the whole project? Hint: It bears the same name as the
organization, to whom the proceedings of the project will go.
This page is maintained by Tapio Keihänen,
the front page http://www.dio.net/.